Monday, October 17, 2011

My newest short film: Camellia

Check out my newest short film. It will take four minutes of your life.

Thanks to all the talented people who helped on this. I'm not going to list them here, however. (That's what the credits are for.)


This is a remake (or should I say, gritty reboot?) of a film I shot a few years ago. I actually got great performances from my actors the first time, but felt that in terms of production value, I can do a lot better now. It was always a film I liked, so I re-wrote the script and, armed with much nicer equipment, much more experience, and a ridiculously talented crew, had another go.

Thanks for watching.

(Also, I recommend clicking the "Youtube" link at the bottom of the window so you can watch the film in Youtube, and put it full screen, rather than watching the tiny embedded version. Ok, that's it, I'm done now, I swear.)

-Jonny


1 comment:

Corman said...

Congratulations, Walls.

You should do a Five Obstructions-style experiment, but instead of obstructions, do different styles.

The Lynch Version: Same essential shots, but with talking gorillas.

The Scorcese Version: Female shoots male, spreads arms in Christ-like pose, cue "Sympathy for the Devil."

The Wes Anderson Version: Same thing, but with 19th century clothes and Bill Murray playing the male part.

I have to go, but I'm sure there are more. Get cracking.